Acting Assignment: Atlantic Forestry Centre: Director of Science and ProgramsShawni Beaulieu January 5, 2018
In anticipation of an approaching retirement, and to offer a developmental opportunity, Natural Resources Canada’s Canadian Forest Service, Atlantic Forestry Centre (AFC) Management is asking for an expression of interest for the following acting assignment to begin in January or February 2018.
Acting Assignment, Atlantic Forestry Centre – Fredericton, NB
Position: SE-REM-02 – Director of Science and Programs
- Assist in the long-term and operational planning for the CFS via active engagement in Sector level activities;
- Support delivery of the Regional Director General’s national and regional priorities;
- As a member of the AFC management team, represent and coordinate CFS and AFC activities with other federal and provincial government departments, industry, academia, and non-governmental organizations to advance the competitiveness and sustainability of the forest sector;
- Manage all financial and operational requirements of the AFC Forest Production and Protection Division of AFC, including managing all human resources;
Duration: Up to 4 months (with possibility of extension)
- Open to all levels of government, academia and the private sector.
- Knowledge of the Natural Resources Canada organizational structure, its mandate, goals and alignment with the Canadian forest sector’s competitiveness and sustainable forest management priorities;
- Knowledge of the CFS national programs and priorities;
- Demonstrated experience in science-policy integration;
- Demonstrated experience in management of research partnerships;
- Personal suitability attributes: commitment and ethics, judgement, collaborative, effective interpersonal relations.
- Condition of employment: obtain Secret security clearance
Organizational Needs: in support of achieving a diversified workforce, consideration may be given to candidates self-identifying as belonging to one of the Employment Equity Groups, i.e., Indigenous, Visible Minority, Women.
Application and Interview Process:
If interested, please submit by Friday, January 19th, 2018, an email to Dorina Arseneault (Dorina.Arseneault@Canada.ca), your resume of less than two pages along with a brief cover letter that indicates how you meet the eligibility criteria described above. Those applicants judged to sufficiently meet the eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview. The successful candidate will assume the responsibilities of the position beginning in January or February 2018 under the mentorship of the current Science Director in Fredericton.
For details regarding this acting assignment, please contact Derek.MacFarlane@Canada.ca or phone (506-452-3508).