CTA @ Boston Call for Applications Program Placement Spring/Summer 2016Jenn O'Donnell January 25, 2016
The Canadian Technology Accelerator in Boston (CTA @ Boston) is a 4-month immersion program that connects your business to the unique resources and contacts in New England to help accelerate your growth. The benefits of participating in the CTA and the resources in Greater Boston are highlighted below.
DEADLINE: Thursday, February 11, 2016 – Program Placement Spring/Summer 2016 (May-August)
WHO: Accelerator candidates are small to mid-sized Canadian companies from Life Sciences, ICT (Including Green IT and Health IT), Robotics and Security technologies, and emerging food product sectors, with initial traction in the market, differentiated technology, and potential to scale the business through the CTA experience in Boston.
WHY: Benefits of participating in the CTA@Boston:
- Space/services at the Cambridge Innovation Center (CIC) in Kendall Square, overlooking the MIT campus. CIC has approximately $7B of venture capital headquartered within CIC’s two buildings. CIC is the largest start up co-working space, housing 800 innovative tech companies
- Trade Commissioner’s Assistance – including connections/introductions in-territory to help meet your goals
- Team of Mentors – from the Canadian Mentoring Service – CMS mentors comprise a select group of 60 Canadians based in New England who are C-level executives from global technology and life science companies, successful entrepreneurs, venture capitalists and angel investors who are passionate about giving back to Canada by mentoring and growing a new generation of successful Canadian-led companies at the CTA@Boston
- Access to the Canadian Entrepreneurs of New England (CENE) network
- Pitch Coach to refine your in-market investor, partner, or client-focused presentation
- Member privileges at key industry associations (MassBio, MassMEDIC, MIT Enterprise Forum of Cambridge, Mass TLC, New England Clean Energy Council (NECEC), New England Health Information Management Systems Society (NEHIMSS), TIE – Boston (The Indus Entrepreneurs Annual Conference is Tie- Con)
- Introductions to potential industry partners/funding groups/customers
- Weekly CTA Client Newsletter highlighting upcoming events/opportunities
You’ll find the following resources in the Greater Boston area:
- Highest Concentration of Global Technology and Pharmaceutical companies in the world
- Strong technology and innovation cluster – over 2000 companies – (Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Akamai, IBM, Nuance … )
- Over 400 biotechnology companies
- World renowned research institutions -100+ academic institutions – (MIT, Harvard, Tufts, Northeastern)
- 120+ Venture Capital Firms, Corporate VCs and Angel investors interested in Canadian technologies
The online CTA@Boston application will close Thursday, February 11, 2016 at close of business. More information at: website.
Click here for CTA@Boston Application