EMPLOYEE OPPORTUNITY: REGIONAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN, CANADA BREAD COMPANY6 month contract, Moncton admin May 1, 2015
Title: Regional Laboratory Technician – Contract 6 months
1-up manager: Laboratory and Quality System Manager
Location: Laboratory (Moncton)
CLOSING DATE: May 5th, 2015
Canada Bread Company, Limited is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Canada Bread seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. Canada Bread operates 16 bakeries and employs approximately 3,800 Associates across Canada. It distributes its products through a network of more than 1,000 routes operated by Franchisees, Distributors and some Corporate Associates.
Canada Bread Company Ltd is looking for a Laboratory Technician for its Laboratory in Moncton.
- Perform physicochemical and microbiological analysis on raw materials and finished products according to the programs and the methods in place;
- Support Research and Development and Technical Support with analyses of texture profile, shelf life evaluation of finished products;
- Analyze results using a rigorous statistical approach and follow up in the event of non-compliance;
- Prepare and/or complete reports and make recommendations from the analysis of the results;
- Develop and improve the methods used in the laboratory for continuous improvement.
- College degree completed in food science, biological chemistry, analytical chemistry, or equivalent;
- Minimum of (0) to (2) years of experience in a laboratory;
- Computer skills (suite Office, can easily adapt to new software);
- Ability to work in a team;
- Analytical skills, organization, management of priorities, respect, transparency and rigor are qualities that characterize you.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume by May 5, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org.