Employment opportunity: Production Lab Manager at LuminUltraFredericton, NB Jenny Keleher November 27, 2015
Ce contenue est seulement disponible en anglais.
LuminUltra Technologies Ltd. is a 100% Canadian-owned private company based in Fredericton, New Brunswick. As a 7-time recipient of the Fastest Growing Companies in Atlantic Canada award, an Atlantic Canada Top 101 company since 2013, and the 2012 New Brunswick Exporter of the Year, we are a global provider of biotechnology and information technology solutions to a wide range of industries, including the municipal, manufacturing and energy sectors. Our primary focus at present is sales and support of a patented line of microbiological test kits, as well as laboratory equipment and information management and data analysis software. LuminUltra’s commitment to continuous improvement means that we are constantly developing new technologies and concepts that bring even more value to our partners and customers. The majority of end users benefiting from our products are Fortune 500 companies located outside of Canada.
Scope of Work
The Production Lab Manager will be responsible for the management and continuous improvement of the company’s reagent manufacturing operations. Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, this individual will be required to complete the day-to-day reagent manufacturing and general laboratory tasks, ensure that quality objectives are achieved, and that appropriate continuous improvement initiatives are implemented. Duties will include:
- Manage the day-to-day operation of all reagent manufacturing related activities and troubleshoot issues as they arise;
- Coordinate and lead the completion of all preventative maintenance and calibration of lab equipment;
- Co-ordinate and lead the planning of all reagent manufacturing related activities;
- Identify and implement continuous improvement and cost savings initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering, or a diploma from a recognized college or technical school in the field of Industrial, Mechanical, or Chemical Technology is required for this position.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a laboratory or manufacturing setting with a focus on delivering high quality products, continuous improvement, and cost savings is required;
- Experience using statistical process analysis and problem solving techniques to lead quality investigations is considered a strong asset;
- Experience operating, troubleshooting, and completing preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment and automated bottling equipment is considered a strong asset;
- Experience as a participant in an ISO 9001 certified company is considered a strong asset;
- Experience managing groups of approximately 2-5 employees is considered a strong asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communications;
- Enthusiastic and willing to take ownership of assigned tasks and responsibilities;
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills;
- Effective planner and self-organized;
- High level of attention to quality and process documentation;
- Mature, dependable, and reliable;
- Adherence to quality assurance and safety procedures.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference the job title Production Lab Manager.