EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – PROJECT ENGINEER AT INSTITUTE OF BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING, UNB FREDERICTONClosing Date: May 15th, 2015 admin April 27, 2015
Competition #: #181-14.15
Closing Date: May 15, 2015 4:30PM
Employment Group: P.T.S.U.
Salary or Rate: $47,390 – $61,609 Per Annum
Employment Date: (tentative) As soon as possible
Hours per Week: Full-time (36.25 HPW)
Position Length: (tentative) 3 Year Term
Funding: External Funding
This position is accountable for research and development activities in biomedical engineering, with a focus on industrial collaborations and support of entrepreneurial ventures. Located within the Institute of Biomedical Engineering, the project engineer will report to the NB Innovation Research Chair in Medical Devices, and will be responsible for engineering support for internal projects, collaborative projects with industry, and other duties within the Institute of Biomedical Engineering as may be assigned.
- Work closely with staff and faculty on various aspects of medical technology research and development.
- Handle routine project communications including phone and e-mail, and correspondence with industry partners.
- Interact with staff, research faculty, and students to ensure smooth running of R&D projects.
- Provide technical support for associated staff, faculty, and students for engineering aspects of their work.
- Organize project meetings involving local and remote partners.
- Assist the NBIRC in development of annual, semi-annual and project reports.
- Assist in the writing of project related grant proposals, and technical publications.
- Perform other duties as may be needed for the program.
- A minimum of BSc in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) with strong academic credentials.
- Related R&D experience in signal processing, medical technologies and human machine interfaces an asset
- Experience with software development and graphical interface design (industry experience an asset).
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall