Job Posting: Associate Research Scientist Position in Environmental ToxicologyLe Centre des sciences de la mer Huntsman Jenn O'Donnell le 4 novembre 2016
Ce contenu est seulement disponible en anglais.
The Huntsman Marine Science Centre (www.huntsmanmarine.ca) is expanding its capacity within the Aquatic Services department. We are immediately seeking an entrepreneurial, highly motivated and dynamic individual who works well both individually and with a team of technicians and research scientists to fill an Associate Research Scientist position in Environmental Toxicology. The successful candidate will demonstrate clear evidence to develop and implement contracts with private sector clients, including experimental design, data analysis and reporting. Aquatic Services is a multi-faceted department that serves as a professional Contract Research Organization with core research competency in broodstock development and selective breeding, environmental toxicology and fish health. The department serves a broad client base from the private sector (e.g., aquaculture industry, pharmaceutical companies, oil & gas etc.), all levels of government and academic institutions nationally and internationally.
- Work within a team to develop project contract opportunities in environmental toxicology.
- Serve as Study Director from a GLP perspective on Huntsman ecotoxicology projects.
- Provide input to the project budget and Study Plan development process.
- Analysis of quality checked data and report preparation.
- Conversion of client reports into peer-reviewed manuscripts for submission when opportunities to do so arise.
- Will be involved with some hands-on technical aspects of specific projects as necessary following Huntsman Standard Operating Procedures and Good Laboratory Practices.
Qualifications and skills:
- A Ph.D. and subsequent experience with research focused primarily on aquatic environmental toxicology within controlled laboratory exposures.
- Field environmental toxicology experience is an asset.
- Proven track record to develop and implement commercial client projects is an asset.
- Solid statistical analysis capabilities using pertinent statistical analysis software.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Applications are being accepted immediately until position is filled. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Send single electronic submission with cover letter, CV and three references (including e-mail and telephone number) to:
Huntsman Marine Science Centre
1 Lower Campus Road
St. Andrews, NB
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Applicants should indicate current citizenship status. Although Canadians and permanent residents to Canada will be given priority, all qualified candidates will be given full consideration.