Offre d’emploi: BiomATCanJenn O'Donnell le 3 avril 2017
Ce contenu est seulement disponible en anglais
Company Overview: BiomATCan is a start-up company that is developing biomaterials and medical devices for orthopedic and dental applications.
BiomATCan is currently seeking candidates for two positions at their location in Fredericton, New Brunswick:
- Quality Control Scientist/Technician
- Production Assistant/Technician
To respond to either of these offers, send your application with letter of recommendation to: email@example.com
BiomATCan would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.
Position # 1: Quality Control Scientist/Technician
As a member of the Quality Assurance function, the Quality Control Technician/Scientist will have direct responsibility for daily quality control activities to support product release.
The Quality Control Technician will be responsible for:
- Sampling, inspection and measurement of incoming raw materials according to established material and component specifications;
- Cleanroom maintenance;
- Sampling, inspection and measurement of in‐process and finished devices according to applicable quality control specifications and procedures;
- Formal reporting of inspection and measurement results;
- Initiation of non‐conformity reports (NCR); and
- Maintenance and calibration of measuring equipment.
Education and Experience
- Master or Bachelor Degree, equivalent diploma in a technical field, or equivalent combination of education, technical training, and/or related experience.
The following experience is not mandatory but preferable:
- Quality control experience in a biotech field;
- Good understanding of ISO 13485, GMPs, and regulatory requirements pertaining to QC; and
- Working knowledge of medical device GMPs, standards, and regulatory requirements pertaining to QC.
- Ability to appropriately interpret and follow detailed inspection and test procedures, and to document results accurately;
- Effective written and verbal communication and technical documentation skills;
- Multitasking ability and flexibiity; and
- Dedication, proactivity, fast learning and adaptation.
Position #2: Production Assistant/Technician
The Production Assistant will be responsible for (job functions include but are not limited to):
- Assist in the design, synthesis and characterization and development of new biomaterials;
- Perform test analysis regarding the industry standards;
- Collect and interpret analytical data;
- Provide support in carrying out lab experiments, data analysis and data interpretation as needed;
- Maintain lab notebook by tracking results and findings;
- Technology survey; and
- Ensure the safe and reliable operation, and proper use of all laboratory equipment.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Familiarity with inorganic synthesis, chemical analytical chemistry techniques is a plus;
- Experience in record-keeping and ability to accurately report on research findings;
- Ability to work independently and in team setting, as well as on more than one task at a time;
- Strong communication skills (written, oral and listening);
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills and able to exercise tact, patience and discretion; and
- Experience in working in cGMP/GLP conditions and familiar with medical device ISO 13485 will be an advantage.
- M.Sc. in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering, Biology, Material Sciences or Biomaterials sciences are preferable. Candidates with a bachelor degree and relevant background or experience will also be considered.