Job Opportunity: The Huntsman Marine Science CentreShawni Beaulieu February 16, 2018
The Huntsman Marine Science Centre (www.huntsmanmarine.ca) is expanding its capacity within the Education Department. The Education Program Assistant will work with Public Education staff to meet their goal of fostering a lifelong interest in science in students, by showing them that it can be fun to learn scientifically through “hands-on” activities.
Duties include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Assisting with the teaching and development of Huntsman’s classroom and field-based education programs for students of all ages;
- Providing creative ideas for updating and developing programs;
- Assisting with the existing educational research projects;
- Assisting with the planning, preparation and delivery of day programs at the Fundy Discovery Aquarium;
- Promoting Huntsman opportunities to new clients;
- Administrative duties as required.
- Bilingual – fluent in English and French, other languages are also beneficial.
- University degree in science (preferably biology).
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong communication and social media skills.
- Keen interest in natural history and marine biology.
- Must be energetic, creative, self-disciplined and a team player.
- Proficient with computers.
- Ability to thrive in a small rural seaside town.
Must be able to work flexible hours that may include weekends and holidays.
Application deadline February 23rd, 2018. Expected start date March 19th, 2018. Send cover letter and resume plus three references to:
Huntsman Marine Science Centre
1 Lower Campus Road
St. Andrews, NB E5B 2L7
ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED.
Centre des Sciences de la mer- Huntsman Marine Science Centre T : 506.529.1200
1 Lower Campus Road, St Andrews, NB Canada E5B 2L7 www.huntsmanmarine.ca