Job posting: Business Intelligence and Support Services Officer at BioNBJoin the BioNB team Jenny Keleher December 17, 2015
Ce contenue est seulement disponible en anglais.
BioNB is the trusted bioscience authority in New Brunswick, Canada. The BioNB team works with start-ups, SMEs, growth stage companies and researchers to facilitate connections and inform on the support that’s available to new projects and partnerships in the bioeconomy. Through coaching, business development services, community and sector development, BioNB supports economic development opportunities in the province’s biosciences sector.
The Officer will work closely with start-ups, SMEs, growth stage companies and researchers to understand and assess their technologies and business development challenges. The Officer will provide clients with timely and relevant advice on business development hurdles, market intelligence and market development, and determine the appropriate approach for customer/technology development.
The Officer will work closely with the rest of the BioNB team and other public and private organizations as they relate to technology commercialization. These activities will require reporting of metrics back to the executive team and other stakeholders.
The candidate must be willing and able to travel regionally, nationally and potentially internationally.
- University degree in science, engineering or business with 2 years of relevant work experience. Experience in the development of commercially viable technologies, preferably in the bio sector.
- High level of comfort with technical concepts in biotechnology. Knowledge of the path to technology commercialization including IP protection, regulatory hurdles, market identification, funding programs and investment opportunities.
- Able to build effective and trusting relationships with clients and prepared to show demonstrated commitments to coaching and mentoring across a wide range of disciplines.
- Experience in product development and market development considered an asset.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at any given time and track the progress of each file.
- Experience moving projects forward within a team of multiple stakeholders and clients. Experience working at the speed of business.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent research skills as they relate to gathering market and business intelligence.
- Proficiency with electronic tools including MS Office, CRM, email marketing, and website content management. Experience with social media, database software, graphic design tools and/or HTML considered an asset.
- Language: Bilingual in English and French considered an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to economic development and sustainable development.
Employment Date: As soon as possible
Position Length: Two year term with possibility of extension
Closing Date: January 12, 2015
Salary: $50,000 to $60,000
Hours per Week: Full-time
How to Apply
Your application should outline your work experience, demonstrate positive outcomes from your experience working within a collaborative team, and provide evidence of effective coaching and mentoring activities. If selected, this position includes a 3-month trial period to confirm that you are a good fit.
Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org – We would prefer that you apply online, however if you are unable to apply via the web form please forward your complete application by email.