Job posting: Scientific Director (Peat, Soil, and Sustainable Development)Coastal Zones Research Institute Jenny Keleher January 8, 2016
The Coastal Zones Research Institute (CZRI), located in Shippagan New-Brunswick, is inviting high level scientists to apply for the position of Scientific Director in the department of ‘Peat, Soil and Sustainable Development’.
The CZRI is a non-profit organization currently undergoing organizational changes and
identifying new objectives. During this transition, the CZRI is re-working its’ image and culture in an effort to create a more entrepreneurial structure and to gain more value from research results and industry partnerships. In the end, the goal of the CZRI is to become self-sufficient.
Principle duties of the Scientific Director (hereafter SD) in the department of Peat, Soil and
Sustainable Development under the CZRI’s general management.
- Lead a group of research projects connected to the agriculture, horticulture and environmental sectors
- Participate in the organization’s strategic development
- Create partnerships
- Co-ordinate, manage and implement scientific work and techniques
- Human resource management of assigned personnel
- Participate in economic development and take an active interest in the operations of the CZRI
- Establish appropriate research directions together with the CZRI’s general management and other project managers
- Create an environment suitable for generating new ideas in an effort to keep moving forward
- Ensure that research in which the CZRI participates is scientifically sound
- Respect scientific policies and ethics of the research
- Oversee that confidentiality agreements with CZRI’s partners be respected, as well as the intellectual property of products and discoveries
- Evaluate the potential for commercialization of research results attributed to the department, in keeping with the business plan of the CZRI