Job Posting: Director of Lab ServicesShawni Beaulieu January 24, 2018
A new cannabis testing laboratory in Fredericton, NB, is seeking a full-time Technical Director in building a Health Canada accredited Cannabis Laboratory. The primary responsibility of this position will include developing, overseeing, and validating all testing services. Such testing services will include: cannabinoid potency, cannabinoid profiling, terpene profiling, residual solvents, and a multi-residue pesticide analysis.
This position requires that the candidate has prior and extensive knowledge as it pertains to analytical instrumentation, such as: HPLC, GC, GC-MS, GC-MSMS, ICP-MS, LC-MS, and LCMSMS instruments. Experience is defined as developing and optimizing analytical testing methods for compounds that need to be detected.
Candidate must have a minimum of 3yrs of management experience as it relates to a regulated QA/QC laboratory. Candidate must also be able to implement and follow upper management policies, visions, and goals allowing the company to establish itself as a premiere cannabis testing laboratory in Canada.
Typical responsibilities for this position include:
- Adhere to GMP, ISO and Health Canada laboratory practices
- Author and validate SOPs for testing services ensuring that SOPs comply with all requirements set forth by accrediting organization(s).
- Prepare the laboratory for Health Canada accreditation and future audits. Candidate will be required to assist and implement any corrective actions required to maintain quality level.
- Optimize all testing services on all of the analytical instrumentation listed above.
- Preform quantification & analysis using GC-FID, HPLC, GCMS, ICP-MS and LC-MSMS.
- Final review of all technical data before client distribution.
- Preform preventative maintenance and in-house repairs on laboratory equipment.
- Be involved in the improvement, validation and/or transfer of new analytical procedures.
- Assist in hiring a team of analytical chemists, technicians, and students that will allow candidate to be successful at this position allowing the company to grow at an exponential rate while maintaining the highest quality of testing.
- At a minimum, this position requires a Master’s Degree in Science (MS) in analytical chemistry or an analogous area of study.
- Candidates with a PHD in Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, or Medical Chemistry or analogous area of study preferred.
- Candidate must have over 5 years of experience as it pertains to method development and validation using the following instrumentation: HPLC, GC, GC-MS, GC-MSMS, ICPMS, LC-MS, and LC-MSMS and creating SOPs from such validations. Candidates that have more than 5yrs of extensive knowledge to mass spectrometry, specifically, LCMSMS instrumentation will be given preference.
About our Company:
We are a small but successful analytical company that is setting up a new facility in the Fredericton area. We take a fun collegial approach to the work environment that creates a positives atmosphere to work in while maintaining strict integrity around our scientific analysis and procedures.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
In your cover letter – please detail the experience that allows you to qualify for this position and briefly outline:
- why you are interested in working for a cannabis laboratory
- what experience you have working as an accredited laboratory
- your experience working on HPLC, MS, LCMS, ICP-MS, GCMS instruments
We will treat any inquiry or resume received with the utmost confidentiality.