Job Posting: IMPARTShawni Beaulieu March 28, 2018
Job Title: Medical BioBank Research Assistant/Analyst (2 positions available)
Salary Range: Grant Paid Position, $38,000-48,000/year; upto 2-year renewable contract based on 6 month performance review; salary commensurate to qualification and negotiable to higher-level education (ie. CRA, MSc, PhD).
Job Summary: Under the direction of the IMPART team Canada Principal Investigators, the Medical BioBank Research Assistant/Analyst will be responsible for collecting and maintaining accurate storage of clinical specimens in a medical research environment. They will coordinate with surgical staff at the Saint John Regional Hospital to collect, process and store blood and tissues collected during routine clinical procedures. Coordinate with medical researchers and assist with the collection and collation of research data.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain comprehensive and detailed logs and coordinate inventories (electronic and hard copy).
- Collect tissue samples and process for different research applications.
- Prepare reports, review research ethic board applications and amend accordingly.
- Liaise with principal investigators and physicians to optimize biobanking of tissues.
- Assist with data generation and collation of biobank and chart information; maintain laboratory samples