Job Posting: Marketing and Sales ManagerSylvar Technologies Inc. Jenny Keleher June 20, 2016
Job Title: Marketing and Sales Manager
Company: Sylvar Technologies Inc.
Location: Fredericton, NB Canada
Start Date: July/August 2016
Sylvar Technologies Inc. (Sylvar, est.2006, www.sylvar.ca ) is an active and growing biorational company located in Fredericton, New Brunswick. Sylvar provides a suite of safe and effective products such as baculoviruses, pheromone technologies and others for use in pest control and plant protection in forestry, urban forestry, domestic and agricultural markets in Canada and in forestry and urban forestry in the USA.
This is a unique opportunity to join Sylvar’s Management Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the continued development and leading Sylvar’s marketing efforts and sales. The broad spectrum of tasks, including market development and management, require a highly dedicated and multi-purpose skilled personality who likes to work on a strategic as well as on an operational level. We are looking for a self-motivated and solution-oriented person, with a high flexibility for travelling and strong communication skills that is willing to be hands-on. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the other members of Sylvar’s Management team to create and execute integrated marketing plans.
The successful candidate is a team player with a minimum of two years’ experience preferred in Marketing and/or Project Management associated with Agricultural pest control products and has/is:
- Highly organized with excellent project coordination skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical skills in at least one of the following: Agronomy, Horticulture, Vegetable crops, Agriculture or similar.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team within a flexible work environment
- Eager to learn and to take on new challenges
- Experience in developing and executing business plans/market opportunity analyses
- A University Degree, or equivalent experience, preferably in Agronomy, Horticulture, Vegetable crops, Agriculture or similar with a focus on Marketing/Business.
- An MBA would be an asset.
- A background in marketing, business development, event coordination or similar
- The ability to travel extensively (local, regional, national and potential international) – a valid driver’s license will be required and the ability to rent vehicles nationally
- The ability to work with a well-established, close knit team
- Demonstrate strong leadership and collaborative skills when working with partners
- Bilingualism (English/French) would be considered an asset
- Outgoing and skilled in relationship building with new contacts/clients
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Interested applicants should submit their resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org .