Job Posting: Northeast Nutrition Inc.Shawni Beaulieu April 9, 2018
Aquaculture Research Assistant (Contract Position)
Northeast Nutrition Inc. is offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated, self-starter to fill the role of Aquaculture Research Assistant. This position will appeal to those who like to work in a fast paced environment, have the ability to multitask and take pride in having a high standard for their work.
This is a contract position (April 24 – December 21, 2018) based out of our facility at the Huntsman Marine Science Centre located in St. Andrews, New Brunswick reporting to the Fish Feed Nutrition Manager and the Senior Aquaculture Research Assistant.
- Fish husbandry with emphasis on feeding, health and bio-security in a land-based flow-through tank facility;
- Accurate recording of daily feeding information for feed and other trials in progress;
- Monitor and record water quality data;
- Participate in the maintenance of aquaculture research facilities and associated equipment;
- Full participation in research sample collection; including fish handling, weight and length recording, tissue sampling, filleting, shipping and storage etc;
- Participation in and responsibility for collection of scientific data in accordance with provided instructions;