Job Posting: Potatoes NBShawni Beaulieu January 24, 2018
Position Title: Manager – New Brunswick Potato Industry Transformation Initiative (NBPITI)
Responsible to: Executive Director
Location: Grand Falls, N.B.
Project Lead: This position is accountable for leading the NBPITI in achieving its mission of increasing the marketable yield on NB farms in order to improve their financial returns and to enable our primary processor to access competitively priced potatoes that will help maintain and expand opportunities for all parties within our province.
This position is accountable to foster the collaboration and facilitate the research initiatives that will achieve the Industry’s research goals of improved marketable yields and margins earned by growers and improved environmental sustainability of the industry.
- Take direction from the initiative’s Steering Committee and maintain their plan that includes goals and deliverables;
- Provide organizational support to the Steering Committee;
- Together with the Steering Committee determine the membership of the working groups and develop terms of reference and conditions for each group;
- Ensure coordination, consistency and continuity between the initiative’s Steering Committee and Working Groups including establishment of goals, extension / project activities and achievements of results;
- Provide organizational support to the Working Groups;
- Developing a communications strategy for sharing the results of the Working Groups’ activities with growers and other industry members;
- Maintain excellent communication with the chairs of NBPITI Working Groups (Seed, Economics, Water and soil, Science and Technology) and industry stakeholders
- Network and maintain good relations with industry stakeholders;
- Other duties as required;
- Maintain a list of research contacts locally and nationally;
- Work with industry partners to solicit (determine levels of) contributions for research funding, and in some cases, for specific research proposals.
- Agriculture related degree;
- Market development experience and (in) rotation & alternative crops;
- Facilitation of research;
- Management skills;
- Basic understanding of crop agronomy;
- Understanding of potato growing in North America;
- Must have own vehicle for travel, mileage paid;
- Expect 20% travel out of province (grower events);
- Strong coordination/communication skills, able to take minutes for meetings, computer skills, phone skills;
- Reports directly to executive director;
- Cell phone provided;
- Evenings and weekends expected (grower type meetings);
- 3 months mentoring with current manager;
- Bilingual (asset).
Please submit your application along with a cover letter outlining your qualifications for this position before January 29th, 2018, to email@example.com. We thank you for your interest in this position, however, only applicants for an interview will be contacted.