Job Posting: Production ScientistLuminUltra Technologies, Fredericton Jenny Keleher November 16, 2016
LuminUltra Technologies Ltd. is a 100% Canadian-owned private company based in Fredericton, New Brunswick. As an 8-time recipient of the Fastest Growing Companies in Atlantic Canada award, an Atlantic Canada Top 101 company since 2013, and the 2012 New Brunswick Exporter of the Year, we are a global provider of biotechnology and information technology solutions to a wide range of industries, including the municipal, manufacturing and energy sectors. Our primary focus at present is sales and support of a patented line of microbiological test kits, as well as laboratory equipment and information management and data analysis software. LuminUltra’s commitment to continuous improvement means that we are constantly developing new technologies and concepts that bring even more value to our partners and customers. The majority of end users benefiting from our products are Fortune 500 companies located outside of Canada.
Reporting to the Production Lab Manager, the Production Scientist will be responsible for various manufacturing and laboratory functions.
- Manufacturing of chemical reagents
- Quality assurance testing of products
- Laboratory equipment calibration and preventative maintenance
- Raw material inventory management
- Participate in ISO 9001 quality management system
- Assist in production planning and scheduling
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in Chemistry and/or Biology
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Working knowledge of laboratory best practices and techniques
- WHMIS certification
- Must be organized, have a high attention to detail, and have good time management skills.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Group benefits, above-industry standard vacation time and performance bonus program upon successful completion of a probationary period.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity apply now! Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference the job title Production Scientist.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.