Job Posting: Program Manager at Canadian Rivers Institute (UNB)Jenny Keleher January 4, 2016
Ce contenue est seulement disponible en anglais.
Closing date: January 18, 2016 4:30pm.
UNB, one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers of 2015, Fredericton, invites applications for the position of CRI Program Manager with the Department of Biology: Canadian Rivers Institute. The Canadian Rivers Institute (CRI) requires services to oversee the development, coordination and delivery of its dozens of non-credit courses, offered to over 800 participants annually. CRI Training and Professional Development provides to student, NGO, government, and professional communities across Canada, on-line and field courses and products, which require to be continuously expanded as opportunities and markets demand. This position can be located in Fredericton or Saint John.
- Promotion of courses/products offered and Registration management: responsible for the day-to-day operations of CRI Training and Professional Development. Promote courses and products through social media tools. Respond to general training inquires via email, social media and telephone, and refers specific requests to the appropriate instructors. Format and compile course registrations for submission. Produce quarterly reports of registrations and of the revenues generated. Support CRI’s special programme applicants, in their approval process and ensures selected participants fulfill their programme requirements.
- Product development, implementation and review: Provide the Executive Director with an annual business and communication plan. Serve as the program lead and point of contact for all of CRI instructors and partners and support them in the development of each course business plan, its delivery, and its tracking process.
- Support Training and Professional Development planning: Support course instructors by coordinating all logistics related to the development and delivery of face-to-face field courses, workshops, on-line courses and webinars and by identifying equipment and supplies required. Oversee the financial and administrative process for contracts or invoicing. Gather information required for the development of reports to the CRI Executive and funding agencies. Update and maintain the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) manual.
- Participants/clients support: Assist instructors in tracking the progress of participants for each course. Mark CRI products that have a pre-determined marking system and issue certificates to successful participants. Track feedback from CRI course participants.
- Other duties: Responsible for the maintenance and updates of the CRI network database. Responsible for the management of CRI’s equipment and promotional products.
- University degree in a relevant area (Biology, Environmental Science, Management, Geography, Communication) with a minimum 4 years’ experience in managing multi units programs or organizations.
- Demonstrated involvement with developing annual budgets and work plans and in monitoring progress of set objectives. Proficiency in client services and skilled in contract agreements and management.
- Knowledge in organizing and managing field workshops and online courses.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks in an organized and professional manner.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written). Bilingualism is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience with developing ways to improve operations and to create new opportunities
- Self-motivated and independent while being able to be part of a team and to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in the use of software for word processing, databases, spreadsheets, website, social media, and on-line meetings and courses.