Job Posting: R&D Scientist at Soricimed Biopharma Inc.Jenn O'Donnell March 23, 2017
Position: Scientist, R&D
Full-time, Soricimed Biopharma Inc. Moncton NB location
Description: Within the R&D team, the chosen candidate will be responsible for pre-clinical evaluation of proprietary cancer therapeutics in the development stage at Soricimed Biopharma Inc. This position plays a critical role in supporting the therapeutics and innovation pipeline of the company.
- Plan and execute experiments, analyze and verify data from laboratory studies
- Perform hands-on experiments related to the mechanism of action and efficacy testing of therapeutic compounds in in vitro assays, including but not limited to: mammalian cell viability assays, ELISA, Western Blot and qRT-PCR.
- Perform hands-on animal handling related to the testing of the therapeutic compounds in xenograft models, including but not limited to: intravenous injections, intra-peritoneal injections, subcutaneous injections, anesthesia and euthanasia.
- Analysis and presentation of results at weekly R&D technical meetings
- Write protocols and study reports to industry standards
- Ability to train others as needed
- MSc or PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Immunology or similar with 2+ years of research experience in an academic or industrial laboratory
- Hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture
- Experience with small animal handling is required. Experience with establishment of human tumour xenografts would be an asset
Skills: Must have strong technical, communication (oral, written, listening), and computer (e.g., MS excel, Prism) skills. Successful candidate must have a keen attention for detail and excellent organization abilities. Must work well in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment. An awareness of the importance of timelines in an industrial setting is required.
To apply please send your CV and presentation letter to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open to Canadian citizens or persons with permanent resident status in Canada.