LuminUltra is Hiring a Production & Quality ManagerJob location: Fredericton, NB admin February 25, 2015
LuminUltra Technologies Ltd. is a 100% Canadian-owned private company based in Fredericton, New Brunswick. As a 7-time recipient of the Fastest Growing Companies in Atlantic Canada award, an Atlantic Canada Top 101 company since 2013, and the 2012 New Brunswick Exporter of the Year, we are a global provider of biotechnology and information technology solutions to a wide range of industries, including the municipal, manufacturing and energy sectors. Our primary focus at present is sales and support of a patented line of microbiological test kits, as well as laboratory equipment and information management and data analysis software. LuminUltra’s commitment to continuous improvement means that we are constantly developing new technologies and concepts that bring even more value to our partners and customers. The majority of end users benefiting from our products are Fortune 500 companies located outside of Canada.
Scope of Work
The Production & Quality Manager will be responsible for the management and continuous improvement of the company’s manufacturing operations and quality management system. Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, this individual will be required to ensure that the day-to-day operation runs efficiently, that quality objectives are achieved, and that appropriate continuous improvement initiatives are implemented. Duties will include:
- Manage the day-to-day operation of all manufacturing related activities and troubleshoot issues as they arise. This includes reagent production, hardware production, product packaging, and equipment operation;
- Co-ordinate and lead the planning of all manufacturing related activities;
- Identify and implement continuous improvement and cost savings initiatives;
- Oversee ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science, or a diploma from a recognized college or technical school in the field of Industrial, Mechanical, or Chemical Technology is required for this position.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a laboratory or manufacturing setting with a focus on delivering high quality products, continuous improvement, and cost savings is required;
- Experience as a manager or participant in an ISO 9001 certified company is considered a strong asset;
- Experience operating, troubleshooting, and completing preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment and automated bottling equipment is considered a strong asset;
- Experience managing groups of approximately 2-5 employees is considered a strong asset;
- Familiarity with manufacturing ERP and accounting software such as Sage-50 and MISys is considered a strong asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communications;
- Enthusiastic and willing to take ownership of assigned tasks and responsibilities;
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills;
- Effective planner and self-organized;
- High level of attention to quality and process documentation;
- Mature, dependable, and reliable;
- Adherence to quality assurance and safety procedures.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference the job title Production & Quality Manager.