Registration Now Open for From Field and Forest: Building Business from Non-Timber Forest Products2-day conference to highlight business opportunities in Atlantic Canada's forests Jenny Keleher July 12, 2016
Ce contenue est seulement disponible en anglais.
When: October 20th – 21st, 2016
Where: Moncton, New Brunswick
Expert connections, expert insights
From Field & Forest is a 2-day conference that will give natural resource managers and rural entrepreneurs the connections and insights to build sustainable businesses from non-timber forest products (NTFPs). Make connections and learn how to target your market and get your products into the hands of regional and international customers.
Who should attend?
- Woodlot owners, small farm owners, and other resource managers
- Rural entrepreneurs, start-ups working with non-timber forest products
- Contractors, consultants, and service providers
- Investors and support organizations
7 sessions, 20 talks
- What Constitutes a Successful NTFP Business?
- Producing What Your Customers Want: Quality Does Matter
- Producing What Your Customers Want: Industry Perspectives
- Moving From Wild Harvesting to Domestication
- Building Your NTFP Business
- The Lay of the Land
What are non-timber forest products (NTFPs)?
Non-timber forest products (NTFP) are the goods and services provided by the forests other than conventional wood products (timber and pulp). They include medicinal plants, resins, saps, essential oils, fruits, nuts, vegetables, fish and game, greenery, and a range of ecological goods and services such as clean water, wildlife habitat, and aesthetics.