The BioNB Twitter Scavenger Hunt is Back for 2015Join the competition November 5th and 6th Jenny Keleher October 16, 2015
The BioNB Twitter Scavenger Hunt is back! This year’s competition is BIGGER and BETTER than ever with HUGE prizes and more chances to win!
Are you a fast Googler?
Interested in science in New Brunswick?
Fancy yourself Twitter savvy, or want to learn?
If so, you have a good chance of winning any of the 5 PRIZES that are up for grabs this year. All you have to do is follow @bioscienceNB November 5-6 and tweet back answers to clues and questions. This fast-paced competition will have contestants researching news and facts about New Brunswick business and research, but also performing fun tasks.
This year’s amazing prizes (subject to change):
- GRAND PRIZE: GoPro
- Mini Boom Bluetooth Speaker
- All-local food and drink basket
SCHEDULE AND PRIZE UPDATE
ROUND 1 Prize (Thursday morning): Mini Boom Bluetooth Speaker
- Winner: @sampoir19
ROUND 2 Prize (Thursday afternoon): FitBit
- Winner: @scottshreenan
ROUND 3 Prize (Friday morning): Basket full of local food, drink, and stuff
- Winner: @jerdoiron
ROUND 3 Prize (Friday afternoon): Quadcopter
- Winner: @scottshreenan
Click here for the official event poster (for web).
Click here for the official event poster (for walls, bulletin boards, etc.)
Click here for a recap of last year’s competition.
FULL CONTEST RULES:
1) @BioScienceNB will tweet a total of 28 clues (plus bonus clues*) between Thursday, November 5th and Friday, November 6th between the hours of 9AM and 5PM ADT
2) Any contest participant may submit any answer via Twitter to any clue at any time before the contest is over (5PM ADT November 6th, 2015)
3) Only first guesses at answers count for points (you may not change your answer)
4) Point values:
– The first answer to a clue is worth 100 points
– The second answer to a clue is worth 75 points
– The third answer to a clue is worth 50 points
– All other answers to a clue are worth 25 points
5) All contest tweets must include “@BioScienceNB”, “#NBW2015” and the clue number (“clue #N”) in order to be counted for points
6) There are 4 rounds to the competition and 5 opportunities to win prizes. The top scorer in each of the 4 rounds wins a ROUND PRIZE, and the top overall scorer at the end of the competition wins the GRAND PRIZE
– ROUND 1: Thursday Morning (9AM – 12:30PM)
– ROUND 2: Thursday Afternoon (1:30PM – 5PM)
– ROUND 3: Friday Morning (9AM – 12:30PM)
– ROUND 4: Friday Afternoon (1:30PM – 5PM)
7) Participants can only win one (1) ROUND PRIZE but ROUND WINNERS are also eligible for the GRAND PRIZE (ie. contestants can win a maximum of two (2) prizes total)
8) ROUND WINNERS will be announced within 30 mins of the end of each round
9) The GRAND PRIZE winner will be announced at 5:30PM ADT November 6th, 2015
10) Contest participants may not be employees of BioNB
11) Contest is open to participants from the United States and Canada
*Contest organizers reserve the right to submit bonus hints at any time before the contest ends. Point values will vary.
Contact contest organizer Jenny Keleher (firstname.lastname@example.org) for questions or inquiries.