Career Opportunity: Dr. J. Herbert Smith Centre UNB FrederictonShawni Beaulieu July 26, 2018
This position is accountable to the Chair & responsible for the coordination & management of all facets of the administrative, academic & budgetary operations within the Centre.
- Responsible for the initial contact for all users of the Dr. J. Herbert Smith Centre. This includes reception of faculty, staff, senior administration, representatives from various internal & external agencies, & members of the general public.
- Pick up, open and sort all incoming mail. Maintain office equipment, order supplies and any required services.
- Maintain the Chair’s daily schedule, set up meetings, make travel arrangements, compose correspondence, type complex reports, file reports, order office supplies and equipment/furniture
- Respond to general inquiries via email, social media and telephone, and refer specific requests to the Chair, when required.
- Oversee the scheduling, organizing, and recording of committees. This includes preparing meeting agenda and all documents, ensure decisions are coordinated amongst committees, track and follow-up with decision and action items, develop work plans/budgets/policies, and address membership and external stakeholders requests.
- Ensure that hiring of new faculty is in accordance with all regulations. Coordinate recruitment activities for full-time faculty and contract academic instructor positions. Collect applications, prepare interview packages for search committee, etc.
- Prepare forms and contracts in consultation with HR regarding new hires, renewal of contracts, salary changes and other HR issues as required.
- Monitor & maintain budgetary transactions, accounts, transfers & financial reporting
- Assist faculty members with submitting travel claims, personal reimbursement, PDA requests, advances & cheque req.
- Assist with funding applications, budget and report generation.
- Responsible for assigning Teaching Assistantships to graduate & undergraduate students, and ensure compliance with the UGSW Collective Agreement.
- Handle special projects as assigned by the Director.
- Assist in the administration of Student Opinion Surveys. Distribute and collect surveys to classes.
- Ensure completion of students’ program requirements are met for graduation. Post courses for timetables.
- Maintain and publish all social media accounts associated with the Centre and update Website content as needed.