How to Catch the Next Big Wave: A Special Dinner Eventadmin February 4, 2017
Venn Innovation, in partnership with the Technology Councils of North America (TECNA), invites you to join us for a very special evening with former Finnish Prime Minister and Executive Vice President of Nokia Esko Aho. Finland has been a global innovation leader for 20 years, a remarkable transition that was made possible by the strategic policy and program framework that Mr. Aho put in place as Prime Minister. Recognized internationally as a thought leader in innovation strategies and global competitiveness, Mr. Aho will share with our audience his perspectives on how all stakeholders – government, business, and academia – have a vital role to play in creating a globally competitive innovation ecosystem, and position a region to catch the wave of digitalization that is expanding across the global economy.
Esko Aho will be joined at this event by the Hon. Brian Gallant, Premier of the Province of New Brunswick.
About Esko Aho:
- Prime Minister of Finland, 1991-1995 Brought Finland into the European Union, established the innovation strategy that propelled Finland to the top of global innovation indices. Youngest Prime Minister in Finnish history. Member of Parliament of Finland from 1983 to 2003.
- President of SITRA, the Finnish innovation fund, 2004 to 2008
- Executive Vice President of Corporate Relations and Responsibility, Nokia Corporation, 2009 to 2012
- Resident Fellow at the Institute of Politics at Harvard University. 2000
- Appointed Senior Fellow at the Mossavar-Rahmani Center for Business and Government (M-RCBG) at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, 2012