Sustaina-Palooza 2016 – Town of Riverviewadmin February 4, 2017
391 Coverdale Rd
Riverview, NB E1B 3J6
The Town of Riverview is hosting the second annual Sustaina-Palooza, April 15-16, 2016.
Join in a two-day, action-packed event celebrating the theme Project Citizen. Sustaina-Palooza 2016 will shine a spotlight on leadership and practices that are effecting change in our town, region and province, supporting the Envision Riverview Community Sustainability Plan
Sustaina-Palooza Conference Schedule
Friday, April 15
- 9 a.m. Welcome, coffee and tea
- 9:10-9:30 a.m. Opening remarks from the Town and The Co-operators
- 9:30 a.m. PANEL: Sustainability & Education
Education for sustainable development involves generating knowledge and skills for lifelong learning that help find new solutions to environmental, economic, and social issues. Meet 7 outstanding organizations that are leading the way in our province, providing new ways of learning, thinking and problem solving for our children and youth. If you are an employer, teacher, parent or simply someone who is interested in strengthening our region, come and learn about how these organizations are inspiring the youth who will shape the future of our province.
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. Lunch
- 1:30 – 3 p.m. Solutions NB – RHS student panel, sustainability expo and studio tour with Barbara Safran de Niverville
- 1:30 – 3 p.m.
- B Corp Certified Now What?
Conscious Brands will facilitate a session of the New Brunswick B Corp minds to share best practices, challenges, and lessons learned.
- B4Change Pond-Deshpande Centre
Learn about the art of pitching in this workshop and then put your new skills to practice! Participants will be given a chance to perfect their pitch with feedback and guidance from their peers.
- B Corp Certified Now What?
- 3-4:30 p.m. PANEL: Business As a Force for Good
NB businesses talking triple bottom line and why they choose to do more than just business as usual! Moderated by Conscious Brands.
- 4:40-5:30 p.m. Good Business Mixer
- NTWRK! Exchange ideas or debrief on the day in a chill setting over a local beverage. Enjoy music by Tim Isaac and maybe even take home some swag!
- 5:30-7:30 p.m. Slow Food Cocagne Acadie Enjoy a ‘slow meal’ experience of regional delights created by this team of local chefs, food producers and foodies.
- 7:30-9 p.m. Film screening and discussion The Millennial Dream
A feature length documentary by New Brunswick’s Hemmings House Pictures, that explores the values that may replace the cultural motif known as The American Dream. As the millennial generation becomes the most significant portion of the work force what will change about what we want from our jobs, what education will look like, what kinds of companies will succeed in the new economy and what kinds of living communities will be desired? And what can cities and regions do to attract the new economy?
Saturday, April 16
Trail Town Cafe + Micro Grant Pitches
Registration required for food arrangements.
- 9:30 a.m. Welcome, coffee and tea
- 9:45 a.m. Trail Town Community Café
Do you love to explore the outdoors on foot, ski, snowshoe or bike? Are you over the moon in love with the Fundy Region? Have you ever wondered how much a day tripper or overnight hiker would spend in your business? In your community?
Join us for a Trail Town Community Café as we capitalize on our best assets: our amazing trails, vibrant businesses and our warm welcoming people!
- 12 p.m. Lunch
- 12:45 p.m. Envision Riverview Micro Grant finalists pitch to the judges!
- 2:30 p.m. Closing remarks