True Growth presents The Walrus Talks Innovationadmin January 6, 2017
111 Water St
Saint John, NB E2L 0B1
The Walrus Talks is a national series of events produced by the charitable, non-profit Walrus Foundation as part of an educational mandate to provide forums for conversation on matters vital to Canadians. The Walrus Foundation produces The Walrus magazine, the most awarded publication in Canada, as well as producing content at thewalrus.ca, on Walrus TV, and on stages from coast to coast to coast.
The Walrus Talks format features eight speakers for seven minutes each on various themes relating to a single topic. Each event offers lively, thoughtful, inspiring, riveting, smart, new thinking from scientists, writers, performers, scholars, and leaders of business and the arts. Each Talks event is followed by a spirited reception with attendees and participants.
The Walrus Talks delivers fresh ideas and new ways of looking at big issues. The Walrus has no “wings.” Our speakers are chosen to reflect a range of experiences and viewpoints, but they all have one thing in common: the desire for real conversation about issues that affect the future of Canada. Our goal is for audience members to think “I never thought about it that way” when the Talks are over.
The Saint John event will feature:
- Monica Adair, Acre Architects Inc.
- Fady Atallah, Infinite City
- Perrin Beatty, Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Marq de Villiers, award-winning author and journalist
- Al Etmanski, community organizer, social entrepreneur, and author
- JP Gladu, Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
- Rachel Mathis, Invigorate Leaders
- Sarah Prevette, Future Design School