JOB POSTING: AFRED PROJECT MANAGERadmin June 1, 2015
Click here to view the original job posting.
Science Atlantic is looking for a Project Manager to coordinate and manage the Atlantic Facilities and Research Equipment Database.
Science Atlantic is a registered charitable association serving 16 post-secondary institutions in Atlantic Canada with a mandate to advance science education and research in the region.
The aim of the Atlantic Facilities and Research Equipment Database (AFRED) is to increase the use of specialized research equipment in the region by connecting potential users with equipment owners. A beta version of AFRED was developed in 2013, with stakeholder feedback collected in 2014.
The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and management of all non-technical aspects of developing and implementing AFRED. (For further details, please visit: http://sciatl.org/AFRED_PM.)
- Obtain buy-in and support from decision makers in academia, government, industry, and other stakeholder groups.
- Develop working relationships with researchers, industry liaison officers, business owners, etc.
- Based on feedback from stakeholders, refine database deliverables (with web developer).
- Maintain and add content to database.
- Promote AFRED.
- Develop a sustainability plan for AFRED.
- Project management, evaluation, administration, and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English (French an asset).
- Experience developing and negotiating customer agreements.
- Strong analytical and technical skills in order to understand a broad variety of technologies.
- Knowledge of the R&D sector in Atlantic Canada a strong asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Undergraduate degree in business, science communication, science/engineering, or similar, plus a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in project development/management (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Note: Travel throughout the Atlantic region and a valid driver’s license are required.
Status: full-time, 18 months Start Date: July 20, 2015 (neg.) Pay Scale: $47,000-$57,000
Deadline for application: June 14, 2015, 11:59 pm
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. We thank all applicants; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. Interested parties should forward a cover letter and current CV as well as a list of 2-3 references (with contact information) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.