Job Posting: Intermediate BiologistShawni Beaulieu August 23, 2018
WSP is currently seeking an Intermediate Biologist to join their Atlantic Environment Team, located at one of their New Brunswick offices (Fredericton or Moncton) to support their growing EIA/Ecology group.
They have a small dynamic group that is very team oriented and have several very exciting projects on the go. They are looking for an individual that is specialized in either ornithology, fisheries, and/or wetlands. The individual wishing to apply is also expected to have experience with leading field crews, permitting, Environmental Impact Assessments, and proposal/ report writing. This position involves field work and will require some travel throughout the Atlantic Provinces.
- Assist in managing projects from proposal stage to final reports, on time and on budget;
- Design and implement project/study work plans with a focus on terrestrial, avian, wetland and aquatic habitats;
- Coordinate and complete various environmental baseline surveys and/or assessments (water quality, wetlands, vegetation, habitat, wildlife, aquatic, and migratory birds);
- Analyze, evaluate and interpret data while providing results within the scope and objective(s) of the specific project;
- Prepare technical reports, permitting applications, environmental impact assessments and other associated documents;
- Provide technical expertise to WSP groups on issues associated with natural sciences;
- Promote health and safety in the workplace.