Job posting: Materials & Warehouse ManagerLuminUltra Technologies Jenn O'Donnell November 4, 2016
LuminUltra Technologies Ltd. is a 100% Canadian-owned private company based in Fredericton, New Brunswick. As an 8-time recipient of the Fastest Growing Companies in Atlantic Canada award, an Atlantic Canada Top 101 company since 2013, and the 2012 New Brunswick Exporter of the Year, we are a global provider of biotechnology and information technology solutions to a wide range of industries, including the municipal, manufacturing and energy sectors. Our primary focus at present is sales and support of a patented line of microbiological test kits, as well as laboratory equipment and information management and data analysis software. LuminUltra’s commitment to continuous improvement means that we are constantly developing new technologies and concepts that bring even more value to our partners and customers. Most end users benefiting from our products are Fortune 500 companies located outside of Canada.
Scope of Work
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Materials & Warehouse Manager will be accountable for the overall management of all material requirements from procurement through to finished good release. In this capacity, you will be responsible for: materials procurement, inventory / warehouse management (both raw and finished goods), and receiving functions of the company.
Specific key responsibilities of this role include:
- Warehouse Management:
- Develop and lead a warehouse team of “A” players through coaching, mentoring, and cross-training, including participation in day-to-day operations as required.
- Project production requirements and maintain inventory levels per sales forecasts to balance impact on cash flow and minimize variances.
- Purchasing Management:
- Oversee on-time and on-budget delivery of inbound procured products including the matching of goods received and paid with purchase orders for all goods ordered.
- Lead the development & implementation of procurement processes to be fully integrated with the company’s QMS and ERP systems, and consolidate all company purchasing activities into one centralized procurement services organization.
- Ensure 100% compliance with company’s Delegation of Authority (DoA) policy and procedures.
- Proactively assess, manage and mitigate risks related to procurement.
- Increase company’s overall operational efficiency through supplier and transaction consolidation.
- Stakeholder Management
- Oversee strong supplier network c/w backup suppliers and routinely negotiate supplier contracts to ensure company is not competitively disadvantaged.
- Maintain strong relationships with internal customers (e.g. production, sales).
- Drive supplier quality programs and score cards to achieve zero NCR’s on procured products.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Implement and maintain a philosophy of cost reduction in raw materials, product assembly, and inventory maintenance while maintaining high quality standards.
- Analyze company’s purchasing trends to develop and implement cost reduction strategies involving cross functional teams to achieve year-over-year cost reduction goals.
- Meet and exceed operating budgets and cost-of-goods sold targets.
- Continuously maintain the integrity and optimization of the master item commercial data.
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or Engineering-related fields.
- 5+ years progressive procurement experience and proficiency in:
- Supplier qualification and development;
- Negotiating and contracting;
- Buy analysis and cost out inventiveness;
- Warehouse and inventory management.
- Preference will be given to candidates having built and managed team of 2-4 individuals responsible for materials procurement, inventory management and logistics.
- Successful track record of meeting / beating COGS budgets and annual cost reduction goals.
- Proven ability to manage and motivate people, influence others to work towards common business and/or team goal, resolve conflicts, communicate well with team and others, and provide and be receptive to feedback.
- Ability to identify continuous improvement opportunities and to develop purchasing processes and tools.
- Strong analytical and innovative problem solving skills
- Strong internal and external customer focus and a desire to achieve results including the ability to manage multiple priorities and timelines.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office and ERP Systems such as Sage-50.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Group benefits, above-industry standard vacation time and performance bonus program upon successful completion of a probationary period.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity apply now! Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference the job title Materials & Warehouse Manager.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.