Job Posting: Tidal Health SolutionsShawni Beaulieu January 24, 2018
Plant Tissue Culture Technician
Tidal Health Solutions is a Canadian company based in the Maritimes committed to providing high quality medical cannabis. Located in St. Stephen, NB, Tidal Health Solutions is currently seeking a knowledgeable Plant Tissue Culture Technician with demonstrated experience with in-vitro propagation.
The Plant Tissue Culture Technician is a strategic thinker who is responsible for the set up and maintenance of laboratory equipment, as well as performing technical tasks associated with cell reproduction, maintaining records, creating procedures, demonstrating aseptic techniques, and storing samples.
- Prepare media following established recipes.
- Maintenance of tissue culture stocks under growth cabinet conditions.
- Multiplication of genetics.
- Adhere to optimized in-vitro protocols and lab safety guidelines.
- Maintain updated records and files of plants grown.
- Sterilize and maintain equipment and facility.
- Lab organization.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree or Post-Secondary Diploma in Agriculture, Horticulture, or Biology.
- Minimum of one-year plant tissue culture experience.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving, decision making and leadership skills.
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team environment.
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
Interested candidates should apply to email@example.com on or before February 9, 2018.
Tidal Health Solutions appreciates all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.